Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have Nissan d22 with fuel pump problem. D22/2005. I did

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: I have Nissan d22 with fuel pump problem
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: d22/2005
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I did tried replace an original fuel pump and when I start ,it fast to start it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: then when I press oil, the rpm maximum to 3100 only , wont go up again
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
after I replace the fuel pump and start ,the engine light on when I test drive , how can I reset it without diagnostic tools ?
and how to fully check the fuel pump isn't in good condition ?
Expert:  Greg replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  Greg replied 5 months ago.

Okay as i understand you replace the injection pump .

And what was the problem before and what is the problem now with the new pump.

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok, the problem is I hardly to start my Nissan d22 , and I tried to replace all hoses , fuel filter, hand pump diesel , still remain hardly to start the car every morning , once start the car ,whole day will nothing happen anymore , I also curious what happen actually ? btw I did buy another unit fuel pump n replace with it ,then just run a few meters roadway , it engine icon light on , so what happen with it actually ? tqvm
Expert:  Greg replied 5 months ago.

Okay hard start .

You need to check the glow plugs ,

When you switch on the ignition you need to see if the glow plugs light up .this you can check with

a test light . connect test light to the glow plug rail and then switch on the ignition the test light should light up for 10 - 15 seconds depending on the engine temp.

If the system is correctly working you will need to remove and test the glow plugs ,us the car battery

to check the glow plugs with jump leads as shown in the attachment ..

All it takes is one or two to fail and you will experience a hard start when cold .

Check this then get back to me .

Greg