Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

The rpm tach doesent work of my chevy aveo 2012, i change

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: the rpm tach doesent work of my chevy aveo 2012, i change the cranck sensor, check all the cables and pins, but still not working
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Aveo yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the dtc is P0335
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats it, i want to know if there is a mechanic issue or an electronic issue, because m my friend and i rrepair my engine maybe we miss something the engine starts,
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The issue that you are experiencing with the tachometer is going to be an electrical issue. The ECM send the signal to the cluster that adjust the rpm gauge. Here, I am sending information for the electrical system of the crank sensor and the instrument cluster. You issue is likely going to be in the circuits or the cluster itself. Give me a moment, please, to provide testing information.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Here is Testing information that is code specific for you r vehicle. I checked for information on the cluster, but only came up with this TSB on programming.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

If all the circuits test out, then the issue is likely the be the cluster itself and you should have it inspected.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

My apologies. Here I am providing the connector view information, so that you know which wire is which.