Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I cant open my van back doors from outside, you can from

Customer Question

hi I cant open my van back doors from outside, you can from inside but cant work it out
JA: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: renault master s643cub
JA: What year is your Renault?
Customer: 1998
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am ive unlocked the doors but cant seem to open them from inside think there is an extra lock
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a fault with the rear outside door handle being damaged or disconnected from the door latch.There is the possibility of this being the latch at fault as well needing replaced.The interior door paneling will need removed to then inspect inside the door to see if the handle or latch needs replaced.If when you operate the handle it moves the rod/linkage to the latch then the handle is o.k. and the latch usually needs replaced.If it does not move the linkage or appears broken then the handle needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete