Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I HAVE 2011 GALANT SE. I have just purchased and there is

Customer Question

I HAVE 2011 GALANT SE. I have just purchased and there is only a single key. I have bought an online key, but after reviewing internet, the rfid chip specific to this vehicle will need to be found and/or programmed. How do I go about getting this done (live in Philippines)
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: operational, just need backup
JA: Are you fixing your Galant yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I work in electronics industry and have ability to program if ability to do so is available
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope, just making a purchased key function like original
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Unfortunately there is no manual way to program the key in.This has to be done by a dealers computer and scan tool as shown below to program in the vin registration to learn in the new key.You might be able to locate a repair facility in your area that can do this for you.The charge is usually less then an hour to do.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dra4sbdp4b048dw/k-05-10.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete