Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I swopped my 1992 explorer engine with 2004 v6 with ecu

Customer Question

I swopped my 1992 explorer engine with 2004 v6 with ecu engine starts with quick start and runs power on injectors but they dont give pulse to open which colour wire needs to go to relay
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: Not after swopping using 2004 engine wiring and ecu
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes like i saod eveything works but the injectors not injecting fuel
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Wiring colour from ecu to relay
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like the vehicle security system is engaged causing this fault.It isnt detecting the proper key or immobilizer signal to allow fuel injector pulses to start the engine.The computer needs to see this signal.This may require using the steering column if possible as well as dash wiring and a body control computer.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete