Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Audi A8 2010 4,2 TDI. 4H I get Fault message Air suspension

Customer Question

Audi A8 2010 4,2 TDI. 4H
I get Fault message
Air suspension fault.
Main beam assist: System fault.
ACC and braking guard: not available.
Audi adaptive light: system fault.
Iallways get them all four after each other. If I shut engine down and restar it goes away for a couple of minutes.
I also wonder where the battery or batteries are located on this car.
Regards Par
Hope for help
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like a low voltage fault due to a weak battery or failing alternator.I have seen these cause this issue here before.It is also possible this is a fault with a computer shorting out or failing internally intermittently causing all messages to appear.It is an electrical fault since you can cycle the key off and on to correct it temporarily.

I would have the battery and alternator tested as well as fault codes checked with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set as this will help diagnose the issue here.

I believe the battery on this model is in the trunk area and may be hidden under some paneling although some were mounted under the rear seat cushion depending on the model

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete