Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

The alarm on my sons 2008 niesta ghia keeps going off for no

Customer Question

the alarm on my sons 2008 niesta ghia keeps going off for no apparent reason, is there a way to disable it untill we can get the car checked out.?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: i just need to know if its possible to temporarily disable thi alarm
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: i have done this but not sure if it has had any effect, the lede on dashboard still blinks when using key to lock car.
JA: What is the model of your '08 Ford?
Customer: Fiesta Ghia 1.4
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it only started today, never heard it myself but had complaints from neighboprs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: cant think of anything
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately there is no way to disable this alarm that I see myself here.In order to correct this fault here the fault needs located and repaired.Usually it is a door latch that fails needing replaced as it can send a false signal that a door is opened when in fact it is not opened causing the alarm to go off.The most common latch can be the drivers door latch itself needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete