Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Renault kangoo 1.5 Dci 2005 towed in non starter,computer

Customer Question

Renault kangoo 1.5 Dci 2005 towed in non starter,computer has shut down after an injector change 2 fault codes logged 1/computer analogue converter 2/refridgerant sensor short to earth.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi, i am still waiting for an answer to my question,it has been three days so far,
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi ,you have charged me for an answer but i am still waiting for it ,4 days now
Expert:  Ross replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

Expert:  Ross replied 4 months ago.

Apologies for the delay in answering your question, Hopefully I can help.

The DAC (Digital Analog Convertor) Is part of the integrated circuit within the Engine ECU. This is often caused by a software problem within the ECU, however can also be caused by an internal component failure.

The first step if not done already is to carry out a full ECU Re-set, Some diagnostic systems can do this, others can't if there is no option to perform a re-set on your system, Disconnect the battery for 10 mins and attempt to start.

Assuming that has already been tried and has not worked, Unfortunately I think either the ECU Has a physical fault or the software is corrupt. Unfortunately either way the only cure is to send the ECU For testing and repair. Or Opt for a replacement ECU. I have come across instances where wires have gone to ground during a repair and caused this but, the most common cause is a voltage spike caused by jump starting, these ECU's seem to be very sensitive to this problem.