cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

My son had a VW T4 Automatic which he sold after he had a

Customer Question

My son had a VW T4 Automatic which he sold after he had a gearbox rebuild but the vendor has come back to him saying that she had to have the gearbox rebuilt again as a new ECU was not fitted with the original rebuild. The original rebuild was done after a VW diagnostic test came up with 00258, a solenoid problem.
Is it essential that a new ECU should have been fitted and if not fitted would it have damaged the rebuilt gearbox so that another rebuild was necessary? This is very urgent so would be very grateful for a quick response.
Regards,
Dave
Category: UK Car
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 6 months ago.

hello my name is ***** ***** will be helping you today and to answer the question no there is no reason to replace the ECU for a gearbox are a transmission rebuild for that matter the ECU has no effect on the gearbox

Expert:  cloe0626 replied 6 months ago.

if you need anything else please let me know and be sure to rate my service when you get the chance