Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

313 sprinter 2012 came in low on power management light on

Customer Question

313 sprinter 2012 came in low on power management light on codes p0263 on diag it had new injector 4 about 2 month ago so customer said fit 3 more since fitted it still reads same code miss fires now on cyl 1 and 3 if I knock out cylinders one by one on diag it makes no difference on running only knocking out 2 and 4
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: What noise ? It's misfiring
JA: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am a mechanic and it is a customers van
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This looks to be a code for a fault with cylinder 1 contribution fault.This can be caused by one of the below issues here.

- Dirty Fuel Injector 1

- Faulty Fuel Injector 1

- Plugged Fuel Injector 1

- Fuel injector 1 harness is open or shorted

- Fuel injector 1 circuit poor electrical connection

If you have not had the injector wiring harness inspected this needs done to see if any issues are found with broken,damaged or shorted wiring needing repaired.Since all injectors were replaced this wont be an injector at fault but either the injector wiring harness or the control unit/ecm for the injectors needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete