Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Second opinion] It wont start just clicks. Sounds like the

Customer Question

Second opinion] Hi, It wont start just clicks. Sounds like the starter motorJA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?Customer: like I said sound like the starter motor but not sure just got the car todayJA: What is the make/model/year of your car?Customer: peugeot 207 "06JA: Are you fixing your 207 yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: re charging the battery and trying again but no lights light up not even the hazard or interior lightsJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: I did try to jump start it and tried taking the pattery conectors of and put jumper cables derectly on the conectors
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Hi im kevin is car manual or auto ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Kevin, the car is manual
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have fully charged the battery and put it back in the car, and if I connect the earth from the battery derectly to a clean earth on the engine I get sparks
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 months ago.

Have you tried bump starting car ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
bump starting? you mean Jump startin right? I have it is not a fuse it will not go even with push start but it is not a problem for me now the owner has taken it back to the dealers to have a better look at it.But I must say that I am not satisfied with the servis from this site took to long to get a first reply.