sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My nissan patrol 2000 model has started with the engine

Customer Question

Hi my nissan patrol 2000 model has started with the engine warning light coming on.. my swivel housing is leaking but awaiting parts to come.... is there many common problems with them
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Enguine warning light
JA: What is the model of your '00 Nissan?
Customer: It's a 2000 model tsy???61 I don't have a manual for her
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't done anything with her ad yet.. I was told it is probably a sensor going .... so was told when it happens give it time switch it off.. but I need new break pads as well would this cause it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Where would I find out what model she is...
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The engine light won't come on because the brake pads need to be replaced.

The engine light comes on when the engine controller sees a failure in a powertrain component and sets a fault code. There are literally dozens of things that will turn the engine light on and it will require some testing to determine the cause. The problem could be with the ignition system, injectors, any engine related sensor, catalytic converter efficiency, an evaporative emissions system issue including a loose fuel cap, it could be a wiring issue, the engine controller itself, a transmission issue; literally anything in the powertrain.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes have set and testing can be done from there.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can you tell me what brake pads I need as I cannot see the chase number...
I have isEb+95/54x0051
Jnitesy61u0010911
Type TESY61If you could help would be great thanks

Your original question was about the check engine light coming on in a 2000 Nissan Patrol. Is this new question on the same vehicle?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sorry

You're needing front brake pads? Where are you trying to purchase them from?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Because I Iive in the Falklands and there is not many nissan patrols down here..the garage was after the chase number to see what brake pads it needed...as I will have to purchase from overseas

Where are you intending to purchase them though? You simply need to contact who you're purchasing them from whether it's by phone or through their website and order them per the application.