Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician
Experience:  fully qualified ford senior technician. ata registerd. svq level 3 .12 years experience
17855046

I have Ford transit 2.0 TDCİ 125ps 2005, and my problem is

I have Ford transit 2.0 TDCİ 125ps 2005, and my problem is fuel pressure. İf I step on the accelerator high than stops it.
JA: How many miles are on the vehicle? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 279000 km and I don't know when the last service was, because I just bought it.
JA: What year is your Transit?
Customer: 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Transit yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I fixed, the injectors are new
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The fuel pump or fuel metering valve picture may I replace, I want a picture or a technical shema?

Hi there, Shema good morning to you and Iam sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today

Ok what is the actual concern with the fuel pressure

Does the glow plug light flash if so what fault codes are being logged

You mention wanting to replace parts what are you looking to replace

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok, yes the glow plug light starts flashing, and than stops it.
Hi shema thanksDoes the vehicle start and run but cuts out under hard acceleration with the glow plug light flashingKindest regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Sorry about my late answer, but I was at work.
Problem with pull-up, if I give full accelerate, firstly start glow plug light flashing, so if I continue with full gas than stops it. I must than restrat the vehicle.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I thing it was P0251 and P1211 fault codes

Hi Shema ,no worries and good afternoon to you

Ok the fault codes p0251 and p211 are fuel metering control fault codes which are commonly logged together

These fault codes are logged whennthe fuel pressure is + or - 50 bar of the desired value

The first thing that must be done before progressing is to replace the fuel filter as a partially blocked filter is the most common cause of This issue and codes

If the fault persists after fuel filter replacement then the injectors must be tested for excessive leak off which in turn cause a drop in fuel pressure under acceleration and is common on higher mileage vehicles to suffer worn injectors

If you need any further help or advice on this issue shema going forward please let me know and I will do my upmost to assist you
If you are satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER as this helps build my online profile
Kindest regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any postive feedback/bonus are kindly appreciated

Brian

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I replaced 4 brand new injectors. And there isn't problem with fuel filter. So I think about fuel pump, can be?

Hi Shema

Ok if the fuel filter is ok and the injectors leak offs are ok (which they should be if the injectors have been replaced ) I would double check the leak offs in case the injectors are reconditioned etc

Then the next thing to be suspect is the fuel metering valve on the pump (this has a brown 2 pin multiplug ) attached to it and controls the amount of fuel transferred to the high pressure part of the pump

If this is sticking it can cause this issue

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Hi Shema good morning to you

How did you get on with the running concern we discussed

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian