UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Lost the key tried other way to crank it. No crank up, no

Customer Question
Lost the key tried other...
Lost the key tried other way to crank it. No crank up
JA: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?
Customer: no sir
JA: What is the model/year of your Mitsubishi?
Customer: GTZ 2002
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried to start it direct to the switch with a screw driver
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Put a new battery
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: UK Car
1/3/2017
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 10 months ago
Peter Zavarelli

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately you will have to obtain a new key to allow this to start here.A dealer may be able to obtain this key for you and let you know of any way it may need programmed.In some cases they need the vehicle there with them to program the key to your vehicle.But unfortunately without a programmed/correct key there is no way to start this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli