Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 2003 Porsche Cayenne S. I locked the car and then

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Porsche Cayenne S.
I locked the car and then went back in the morning and the key fob wouldn't open the car. I opened the car with the key manually and then with the alarm going off put the key in the ignition. The alarm continued to go off and the car won't start. It says 'immobiliser active'.
The battery in the car is only about 2 months old and has been working fine. When this happened I also changed the battery in the key but still nothing works.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This issue here can be due to an internal electrical fault with the electronic key/remote itself.I have seen this fail before in the past needing replaced.I would try re locking and unlocking with the metal key blade again and push lock and unlock on the interior door lock button and see if this resolves the alarm and starting issue.If it does not I would have the remote tested to see if it needs replaced as an assembly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete