Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Transmission seems faulty, Just now, looks perfect, Elgrand

Customer Question

Transmission seems faulty
JA: When was your transmission fluid last checked?
Customer: Just now, looks perfect
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Elgrand 1999
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is a automatic, petrol
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I checked the fluids, look all good. It shifts very late to the next gear, it does not shift into fourth and the overdrive does not seem to work
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the check engine light has come on with this fault here the first thing that needs done is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.

I have seen issues with a pressure control solenoid in the transmission or the transmission valve body cause this type of fault here needing replaced.IN some cases a simple transmission fluid flush will correct this as well as it will free up and remove debris from the transmission.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete