Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Bob my car is a fiesta diesel 1.4 tdci 07 plate with 45k on

Customer Question

hi bob my car is a fiesta diesel 1.4 tdci 07 plate with 45k on it the car runs fine just done 370 miles in the past 3 days a few weeks ago the orange cog light came on and went off this happend a few times that week then stopped then today just driving round town it came back and the battery light came on just for a second after the 1st time this light came on had a friend look at the car and came up with these codes pcm p0652,p0652-60 like i said the car runs fine but once in a blue moon when sitting on the motorway doing 60/65 it will stutter just once then all good whats the codes mean could you help ?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

With the battery light coming on this can indicate an issue with low voltage which can cause other issues here as well with the codes setting.If you have not had the battery and alternator tested for any issues this needs done.If any issues are found these will need repaired to resolve this fault here.I would also have the battery cables checked for any damage.If these are all o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
hi the battery is not the prob the fail code p0652 SENSOR REFERENCE VOLTAGE B CIRCUIT LOW VOLTAGE is (the cap letters cus i copied it ) the orange cog comes on a few time then goes off the car runs fine

O.k.,I dont show the exact diagrams on this model here but the low voltage for the reference circuit can indicate a fault with one of the engine sensors causing the voltage to go low like this here or an issue with the engine computer itself.I have seen both cause this type of fault here.In some cases I have had to disconnect each sensor on the engine one at a time and clear the code to see if the code comes back at all when one particular sensor is disconnected.If it does not with one particular sensor disconnected then this is the sensor needing replaced.I would also check for any damaged wiring leading from the sensors to the engine computer as this can also cause this fault here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete