Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

In the morning, when making small sharp turns to get out of

Customer Question

In the morning, when making small sharp turns to get out of the garage, the wheels jerk and tires feel like they want to come off the wheels
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2015 jeep cherokee
JA: Are you fixing your Cherokee yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried nothing as it goes away soon after I start
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to an internal mechanical or electrical fault with one of the 4wd components.If the 4wd is stuck on or engaged with this issue this causes the crow hop feel you are seeing here.The 4wd components need checked over to locate any component at fault.I would have the fault codes checked using a scan tool plugged into your model that can read all computers to see what codes are set.If no codes are set then the 4wd components will need checked/tested to locate this issue.This may require special electrical test equipment to test this here and in some cases a component like the transfer case may need removed to further inspect internally as this is usually where the fault originates from.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete