sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Montero Sport 2010, I am just curious about EGR and blocking

Customer Question

Montero Sport 2010, I am just curious about EGR and blocking this device
JA: Are you fixing your Montero Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't yet try anything, just enquiring of the interest of this and if yes, I will subsequently do it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, as I bought it second hand last month with 69500km (2.5 D), any advise about service or things to check will be welcome.....
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

An EGR valve allows exhaust gases to be routed back through the intake and into the engine. This displaces oxygen in the charge and lowers combustion temperatures to low NOx emissions.

In some cases EGR flow can be blocked for diagnostic purposes. What kind of problem are you trying to diagnose?