Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Second opinion] - when i start the car without running it

Customer Question

Second opinion] - when i start the car without running it for about 15 minutes it changes gears hard and goes into automatic gear fault
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: it does happen if i run it for 15 to 20 minutes and the oil temp goes to 100
JA: What is the model of your '15 Peugeot?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: changing oil
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: ESP/ASR light has come on and the car is sluggish
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Since these lights have come on here with these issues the first thing that needs to be done is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and communicates with all computers.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to help locate and repair the fault here.I have seen issues with the transmission valve body or pressure control/regulating solenoid cause this issue needing replaced before in the past.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete