Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Hazard lights on, and wont turn off, when relay is off!

Customer Question

JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 106,000 and it did have problem starting... battery was flat because hazards were on for a good number of hours.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Micra ... 2001
JA: Are you fixing your Micra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Myself and have looked for shorts etc.... where is relay situated?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks.. but i'm sure there will be sometime!
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try activating and deactivating the hazard switch off and on a few times if this has not been done already.If the lights turn off or try to turn off even briefly then this indicates the hazard switch needs replaced.If this is or was already attempted with no success let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete