Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

All electrics are dead and I need to get it into neutral to

Customer Question

All electrics are dead and I need to get it into neutral to pull it onto the towtruck (ML(###) ###-####
JA: What is the model of your '10 Mercedes?
Customer: ML350
JA: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes have tried to power it up but no joy on the electrical system
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just need to be able to pull it onto the tow truck to get to the garage currently its stuck in P
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The shifter uses its own small battery.It is seated near the main battery under the passenger front seat.If you have not tried to apply power to the main battery (which will in turn power up the smaller battery) this should be done at the battery directly if the jump points under hood are not working.In some cases this will work to then shift out of park to have it towed.

If this does not work since the shifter is an electronic shifter I have seen flat beds grease up the bottom of the vehicle tires and the flat bed ramp to slide the vehicle onto the ramp to then tow it as this sometimes works well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank very clear response Pete. Sadly as I took over 1week to deliver Pete's response in a readable format (it was greyed out blurred and screened on my account meant that I had to go elsewhere to find a solution I have lost confidence in the speed of response