Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Looking to fit a set of rear seats (viano etc) into my W638.

Customer Question

looking to fit a set of rear seats (viano etc) into my W638. how do the quick release fittings attach to the van floor?
JA: What year is your Fit?
Customer: anything was going to buy some from ebay
JA: Are you fixing your Fit yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: either myself, or at a local body shop. haven't tried anything yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: these may be the ones i want to fit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-MERCEDES-VITO-W639-MODEL-2004-2014-REAR-SEATS-RAILS-/162220588000?hash=item25c519bbe0:g:L18AAOSwTA9X6~HJ
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Unfortunately in some cases info like this may be difficult to obtain and may need obtained from a dealer.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi - yes I still need help on this.
Fitting rear seats in general really - I want some folding seats in the back that will form part of the bed in a camper conversion.
The law seems rather thin on the ground here and no one really seems to know what is "safe".
What kind of strengthenng plates are safe to bolt through the floor, what washers etc?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the dealers won't provide information on this as it's not a "normal" thing to do.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You can get M1 crash tested rock and roll beds installed professionally and seats installed professionally, but no one seems to want to install newer seats in my older van. :)

Unfortunately there is a safety issue when it comes to installing seats like this here as to the safety of how well it will hold up.I dont know if you will find anyone that can tell you for sure what will fit and how to fit them as they know that it could come back on them if you were ever in an accident.If you would like I can open your question for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please Pete, i'm hoping there is someone out there
thanks for your help

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete