sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

19 Окт 2016 г. 4:02 PM пользователь "Dušan" *********** I

Customer Question

19 Окт 2016 г. 4:02 PM пользователь "Dušan" ***********
Hello, I have A SUBARU outback 2007 H6 3.0 180kw Si-Drive with automatic transmission 5EAT.
Sometimes, when i drive 5-10km, than lights dtc mistake P0768 (at oil temperature is about 40degres)
Than car drive in "safe mode" 4th gear only
When AT oil temp takes up (obout 90degres) and I have small pause on gas station (5 minutes) this mistake is Can Be "cleared" and car drive in full mode (when At oil temp don't takes down)
Sometimes this mistake can't been lights and car drives normaly (1-2 days, or 160 km - 100miles)
Please, Can you Help me which selenoid I must replace? Or where is the problem?
Whats the price of this selenoid?
Tank you so much
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This code is for the low/reverse solenoid control circuit. Possible causes are the trans controller (not likely), the solenoid itself and it's wiring. It would take some testing at the time the problem is happening to know exactly what is going on if no problems could be found visually with wiring and connections, but odds are the solenoid is the issue. Replacing the solenoid would run approximately $200.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for some answer, but Please - How Can I find that solenoid on valve body? Or
Where is the possition of that solenoid? or Which tests i must do, when i need find that solenoid? orI take here one screen-shoot with naming of solenoids, is that picture True?

Number 1 should be the one you're concerned with.

Do you have a digital voltmeter?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for answer
Yes, I have Digital multimeter. What I must test on solenoid? Resistance?
Number (1) - on picture is called as "C"
It is same type of solenoid as (2) or (4)?Exceuse me, my english isn't too good.Can I replace that solenoid on car? Without demontage of AT case?Is this the selenoid which i need? http://maktrans.net/zaptchasti-akpp/subaru/5eat/железо-5eat/solenoid-pereklyutchayuschiy-re5r05a_-5eat?limit=100

I'll get back to you in just over an hour.

The low/reverse solenoid control wire is in pin 5 of trans controller connector B55. This is the flatter gray connector with three rows of terminals. Facing the terminal end of the connector pin 5 is in the top row and fifth from the left side. You want to check this wire for a short to power or ground as well as continuity from the TCM to the solenoid while the code is active.

Unfortunately I don't have a part number for the solenoid, I would recommend having a dealer or the aftermarket supplier verify the part number by VIN.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for answer,
O.k. I Can find that conector and pin, when i open transmission case?
Vin: JF1BPELUA7G068074
Can you asking dealer or the aftermarket supplier for the solenoid? Can you send me link to the e-shop where i Can buy and ship to the Slovakia?I want have that solenoid when i open the Transmission case.
I have A car crash accident 18months ago, and my left foot is still broken and malufunkcion.
I need car every Day, because i want have more types of repair in one time. I Can have that solenoid when i open transmission case.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 months ago.
Do you not have a dealer?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We have dealers in Slovakia, but they want replace completly valve body with all selenoids and etc. Price start on 1700€ without work, completly price is about 2000-2500€
This is 9 years old car.......Replace solenoid about 100€+ for 100€ working mechanik?
Your answer at the start "Replacing the solenoid would run approximately $200."Please, Can you asking dealer or the aftermarket supplier for the solenoid?

If you want to do the work yourself I would recommend seeing your dealer's parts department with your VIN and ordering the solenoid.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
In Slovakia(and Czech Republika too) can't ordering only one solenoid from Subaru dealers.
Some Cars of Nissan have transmission called RE5R05A (350z, Pathfinder,....) which using same solenoids as subaru 5eat transmission. Nissan dealers(In Slovakia and Czech Republic) can't ordering only one solenoid, but only completly valve body :-/

I will try and locate a solenoid and get back to you as quickly as I can.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you so much

Can you post the VIN?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
VIN: JF1BPELUA7G068074

I'll get back to you as quickly as I can.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** waiting

What website were the screenshots above taken from?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello, printscreens was from Aliexpress.com or annother websites.
Same informations you Can find on next websites
http://akpp.pl/железо-5eat?coolfilter=a_39:новое,Б-У;a_29:RE5R05A 5EAT
This solenoid is maded by BOSCH.
BOSCH haven't any one piece in storages, they must made it, (ordering to Factory) - time to receive - 3 months or later (price 43€)

Do you have a transmission shop in your area?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
transmission services/shops - situation is same - any one piece in the storages
Via ebay am find same solenoid (462014C010)'used in HYUNDAI or KIA Cars (screen-shoots)
I'm contact to services for this two brands.
Situation is same, any one piece in storages(Slovakia and other countries)
A transmission shop was not able to order it then?