Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

2078, 2007, Motorkod:OM646.986, I want to know what to do

Customer Question

2078
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Motorkod:OM646.986
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know what to do
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What is your question about on this model here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hlooo2078 fall kod
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I paid him the money
I paid him the money and did not get an answer Are you monument company
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My car Do not walk more than 70
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

I apologize for the delay,looking at your response now.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I want to respond quickly
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

If you are seeing fault code 2078 this is an indication of a fault with the pressure differential sensor for the diesel particulate filter.If this sensor is failing this causes this issue needing replaced and can be common.I suspect your sensor needs replaced.Make sure the wiring and connections are clean and tight at the sensor and if these are all o.k. then the sensor needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

I see my answer has received a poor rating.I apologize if my info didn't help with what you were looking for here.I saw no one had responded and thought I would try and help here.I strive to achieve an o.k. to excellent rating and in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose a problem from here.If there is anything else I can help with here let me know.I can also open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete