UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

I have an issue with a 58 Mk6 1.4 TDCI fiesta - no power. I

Customer Question
know this seems to be...
I have an issue with a 58 Mk6 1.4 TDCI fiesta - no power. I know this seems to be a comment problem. The car runs perfectly, no smoke, starts fine and no codes show up when running a diagnostic. I've had the EGR off and cleaned it but to be honest it wasn't that bad anyway. Looking at live data the boost is there. When coming up to a junction and stopping - you try to move away, press the accelerator and the engine takes a while to respond and rev, also if you press the clutch whilst driving and try to rev the car again there is a pause before there is a reaction. Next thing I was going to check was for a blocked cat but I would appreciate any help you can give.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
10/5/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Gallagher99, Ford senior technician replied 1 year ago
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician

Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed response ,

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you today

Ok is this the first of the new shape of last of the old shape

Is the fault present all the time

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Last of the old shape and yes the fault is present all the time. One thing I didn't mention is - if cruising along the motorway at 70 the reading of average MPG shows around 35mpg, putting your foot down seems to do nothing, no power and if cruising along at those speeds on the m/way and you encounter a hill you loose speed no matter what position the throttle pedal is at.

Hi there thanks

Ok can you try sonething for me first

Can you dissconnect the Maf (mass air flow sensor ) multiplug and give it a quick run (this may or may not being the mil light on but is a good test )

Sometimes we see the maf sensor damaged or contaminated by back pulsed oil

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will try this during lunch and will revert

Hi there no worries

I look forward to your reply

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Disconnecting the MAF made no difference to the car
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just to add some more info - I have already replaced the fuel filter. But prior to me getting the car (a couple of weeks ago) the "garage" I bought the car from changed the injector seals, is it possible they have not fitted the new seals correctly?
Has the fault been there since only since the injector seats were replaced
Have you just bought the vehicle from said garage
What have they said regarding the fault
Is there no boost /whip at all
Has the turbo impeller been inspected (engine off ) for why damage and also the waste gate rod to ensure the waste gate isn't stuck open
Kindest regards ***** *****
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll answer your questions in orderHas the fault been there since only since the injector seats were replaced
Actually no idea - didn't drive the car before purchaseHave you just bought the vehicle from said garageYesWhat have they said regarding the faultI haven't contacted them - basically don't trust their workmanship as I found a few faults after they had done the work, I would rather sort this myself.Is there no boost /whip at allRunning the car and looking at live data it is showing boost of around 1 bar when runningHas the turbo impeller been inspected (engine off ) for why damage and also the waste gate rod to ensure the waste gate isn't stuck openI've inspected the impeller and all is good, no damage and as said above car is making boost so wastegate I don't think is an issue.I'm still inclined to think this is more of a fuel issue - as I said if you are driving along and clutch the car, let the revs drop then press the throttle there is a noticeable lag before any response from the engine which makes it difficult pulling out of junctions etc.
Hi there thanksOk regarding the boost pressure you say it's 1 bar
This is atmosphere pressure
It should be 1 bar with ignition on then when idling roughly the same
This should rise when you accelerate
Do the MAP and MAF values
have the same pattern on live data as they should almost mirror each otherRegards ***** *****
Brian
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry I should have made it more clear - that was gauge pressure I was referring too, so on the data it showed 2 bar (i.e. 1 bar for atmos) and yes MAP and MAF seemed to be in line with each other.
Hi there thanks ***** wondering that when they carried out the injector seal replacement they may have possibly damage or contaminated the injector nozzles as these are very sensitive and should br kept spotless when removed
If they have just threw them
In a box as to speak femme of the tip can cause no shortage of faults
Regards ***** *****
Brian

Hi there good afternoon to you

How did you get on with our running concern

Kindest regards ***** *****

Brian

Gallagher99
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician