Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

How do i sython diesel from a vauxhaul meriva, 53 plate and

Customer Question

Hi there how do i sython diesel from a vauxhaul meriva
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 53 plate and serviced ealier this year
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Vauxhall meriva 1.7 cdti
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its died on me gunna cost to much to repair. Got £50 of diesel in it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Best way to syton jt out.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In some cases you can stick a siphon hose down the fuel filler neck (hose from local parts store) into the fuel tank (if it doesnt have an anti siphon ball in it) and use the siphon hand pump on it to pump the fuel into fuel containers to remove it.On some models the fuel tank may also actually have a drain plug on it that can be removed to remove the fuel.

If neither of these are an option for you on this here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi there. I believe it has a anti sytpon ball as i tried a bit of pipe with a pump on it. No joy with it

Have you checked for a tank drain plug at all?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No where abouts would that bw.

I dont have an exact diagram of this here but if you have one it should be at the bottom of the fuel tank.It should look like a regular plug that can be removed.Let me know if you see one at all?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Just looked and i cant see one

O.k.,does this model have an electric fuel pump that delivers fuel from the fuel tank?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm not very good with cars so aint got a clue.

O.k.,when you first turn on the key do you hear a hum or buzz noise from the fuel tank area at all?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No i dont

This is a gasoline engine am I correct?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Diesel

O.k.,is your fuel filter located under the hood on this model?Fuel line leading from fuel tank to fuel filter.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Cant see fuel filteer under bonnet

O.k.,I dont have the specifics on this model to tell where this is located but someone else here may have this info to help.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Hi im kevin a different tech are you getting rid of car ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi kevin yes car will be scrapped or sold as spares and repairs.
Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

My recommendation for the easiest way if your not keeping would be to drill a hole in tank .there is antisyphen in pipe and it will take all day to pump it out