UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

I haqve a Turbo Convertible, 04/2004. The electric windows

Customer Question
all of a sudden don't...
I haqve a Turbo Convertible, 04/2004. The electric windows all of a sudden don't work at all and the roof won't work. Fan is ok and in the front fuse box the power roof fuse is also ok
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: I did there is no fuse for the roof inside the car, only in the engine compartment
JA: What year is your Convertible?
Customer: it is 04/2004
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have it normally in a garage for service. Now I checked the fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think, that's it. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
9/25/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that may be going on, especially depending on what the vehicle is. You could have a wiring or power distribution issue, the top and window problems may be separate, on some vehicles the windows and top are controlled by the same module and the module could be the cause of both problems.

What make and model is the vehicle?

Did the problems both start at exactly the same time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As I said, it is a PT Cruiser 4/2004 Convertible Turbo. Both started at the same time. I would have expected you had all the info already, as I put it in the previous chat.
The only thing that was previously posted was the year.Can you disconnect the battery for about a minute, reconnect it and see if it changes anything?
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician