UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

How do you disable the immobiliser in renault scenic so a

Customer Question
dog can be left in...
how do you disable the immobiliser in renault scenic so a dog can be left in car and not set alarm off please?
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: Renault Scenic Tom Tom and i think its 2013 (ish)
JA: What year is your Renault?
Customer: Roughly 2013
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: There is nothing wrong with the car so not "fixing it" but just want to be able to leave our dog in the car without setting off the alarm when shopping etc.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Of this is something that has to be done every time the dog is left in the car or if possible to turn it off permanently?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
9/19/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Greg, Shop Owner replied 1 year ago
Greg
Greg, Shop Owner

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Hi .

You will need to go to a Renault service station or a Renault dealership .

As you need to be hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool and in immobilizer system have the inner motion

sensor switched off .

This is the only way to do this .

On some model renault this can not be done but in your case i think it can be done on the 2013.

Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply box below .
After rating there is no further cost for any other question relating this issue .
Kind regards Greg

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am totally dissatisfied with this response. I've already found the answer on-line elsewhere and entirely free of charge and does not require visiting a Renault dealership.I am not questioning your experience or desire to help bit the answer is inaccurate and simpler than you've suggested.

Hi .

Sorry that you are not happy but my answer was one way to do this with the dealer scan tool .

And thank you for getting back to me with the reply box and not rating .

And doing this another way without a scan tool is new to me .but happy you got it sorted out.

Remember that if you have a hot day not to leave your Best friend too long in the car alone .

Kindest regards Greg

UK Auto Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The alarm will set if you lock the doors with the power lock button or key fob. If you want to lock the doors but not set the alarm you'd want to lock the doors with the mechanical lock knob.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician