Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

2011 infiniti Fx30Ds. The camera works about half the time.

Customer Question

Hi , 2011 infiniti Fx30Ds . The camera works about half the time . It works properly , then next time will be fuzzy image with lines or just lines running left to right . Like a bad connection . I have taken out passenger seat and the camera module is like new and unplugged and plugged it back in . No change . Both images are affected , but borders and text on screen are fine . I guess i check connections at screen next ? How do you get to these ? Or any other ideas ? Attached image of errors . Is there a common earth i should check ?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This issue here may be due to a fault with the camera itself.I have seen the camera fail in several cases before or act up intermittently similar to this here and cause this issue with it needing replaced.I would have the camera itself checked to see if it needs replaced as well as the wiring and connections at the camera for any issues.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete