sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

Problem with iginition, I can remotely open the car with the

Customer Question

Hello problem with iginition
JA: What is the model/year of your Audi?
Customer: I can remotely open the car with the key but nothing happen when putting the ignition on Audia A6 (c6) 2007 (rhd) 2L TFSI
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: no and I tried the second key
JA: Are you fixing your A6 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: almost nothing except a jump start with another car and disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the mmi works fine when closing the car (with remote key or directly) only driver side doors lock
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are many things that can cause a no crank condition. You could have a bad starter, a transmission range sensor issue, it would be wiring, security related, the engine controller may not be awake due to an internal failure or a loss of power or ground, it could be a cable or connection issue, and it's definitely possible that the battery is bad.

Do you hear any noise from the engine compartment when trying to start it?