Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a 2011 vito 116. For a few days when you went around

Customer Question

Hi
I have a 2011 vito 116. For a few days when you went around a left hand corner or braked heavily the srs, handbrake and brake warning lights all flashed on together. After trying to find any loose connections this appeared to be cured. Now a few weeks later the same has happened again. Using the torque pro OBDII app it shows error code U0146. Sometimes the srs light stays on then goes off a while later sometimes it just flashes on and off with the brake dash lights.
I don't know if this is a coincidence but I have jet washed around the engine bay today and also did this a few weeks ago but not sure whether this was the same time the ligts came on before or not.
On another note do you know where the egr valve is located please? I hade a 2007 115 vito previously and it was easy to find but on this 2011 model I cannot find it even though they are basically the same engine(although there looks like a lot of changes in the engine bay).
thanks
Paul
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Unfortunately I do not show a location for the egr on this model here myself.I apologize for this but in some cases a local parts store or dealers parts department can look it up at no charge and show you where it is located.

This may be an issue with the srs unit itself and when it loses communications it may be causing the anti lock brake system to act up as well.The fault code you have retrieved above there has to be diagnosed fully to pinpoint and locate the cause of the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete