How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask sprinkles08 Your Own Question
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Category: UK Car
Satisfied Customers: 22821
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
Type Your UK Car Question Here...
sprinkles08 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

HiOD light and trans temp stay on wheni i turn the key and

Customer Question

HiOD light and trans temp stay on wheni i turn the key and when i start the car.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: in park and neutral is the same no wheel lock
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 1998 dakota
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i hope the harness to the park position sensor is in bad shape i 'll try to change it but i do not think taht is the problem
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: i replace the transmission but it's not from the same year i have 3 wire park position sensor and thi one is 5, i just change it and did not run the car yet because of those light
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You've installed an incorrect transmission. If you installed a transmission with a range sensor rather than a park/neutral switch then it was for too new of a vehicle and not electrically compatible.

There are several things that will need to be done if you want to make this transmission work. You'll need to remove the range sensor, the bracket underneath, and install a park/neutral switch.

You'll need to remove the valve body and replace the solenoid pack with internal wiring harness, replace the governor solenoid and governor transducer.

Related UK Car Questions