UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Glow plug fuse keeps blowing on my X type jag, 2005, have

Customer Question
changed relay, glow plugs, and...
Glow plug fuse keeps blowing on my X type jag, 2005, have changed relay, glow plugs, and done an electrical test on glow plug wiring harness and all is fine there
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 13000 won't start
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2005 jag X type
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, changed glow plugs, glow plug relay, electrical test on glow plug wiring harness which is fine
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Also changed camshaft position sensor and cam sensor
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
7/25/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago
Peter Zavarelli

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Have you checked the wiring leading from the fuse at the fuse panel for any shorts?I have seen issues in the past before where this wiring can short out and cause this fault here.

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I done an electrical test with my meter and it says it's fine
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago

O.k.,even though the meter says it is fine inspect the wiring harness manually and check and see if any shorts to ground are found or any shorts to another harness is found to be at fault needing repaired or replaced.I have found this as the most common cause for this fault here and in some cases the short is at the fuse panel itself needing repaired or replaced.If you check all of this and find it to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Have done a continuity test for both fuse box and for harness and all is fine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have also had the harness off and checked for and breaks and checked all connections and done a test on all and comes back good
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago

I apologize for the delay.

After looking through my diagram info on this here unfortunately I do not show the diagram with the engine you have myself but others here may have this info.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

UK Auto Mechanic: Richard, UK Car Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Richard, UK Car Mechanic

Does the fuse blow immediately or does it blow after you try to start the vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It blows as soon as I turn the ignition on before I try to start it
Richard, UK Car Mechanic