Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Race have been out and code c326 cannot be reset not

Customer Question

Race have been out and code c326 cannot be reset not allowing me to start car fitted new battery tryed locking 5 times checked all fuses
JA: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?
Customer: How do you do a hard reset code appearance only once
JA: What year is your C36?
Customer: Volvo v50 2010
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have tried most things checked fuses and relays rac span starter over followed most fixes on forums
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Immobiliser message on dash try to start
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like an electrical fault with one of the vehicles security components causing this issue here.I have seen the key as an intermittent cause needing replaced or the immobilizer that may not be reading the key properly needing replaced.What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a scan tool that is fully compatible with your model here to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete