UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

My Audi A3 FSI (2006) seems has had an intermittent issue on

Customer Question
starting.The problem; on turning the...
My Audi A3 FSI (2006) seems has had an intermittent issue on starting.The problem; on turning the key the following words appear in the dash display SAFE, I can start the engine but it then cuts out. It did start after i left the car for 20 mins. However, his kept happening more and more frequently. It is now becoming more problematic. Its now stuck in 'SAFE' and therefore can't be moved. Any help and any advice would be much appreciated.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: The car is in Neutral and yes does have a wheel lock feature
JA: What is the model of your '06 Audi?
Customer: FSI (Sportback)
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried: Replacing the battery in the key, Leaving the car for an hour or longer to see if it resets, removing the battery and then coonnecting after an hour.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Only that its now constantly in safe mode. Also, i tried turn the key in the on position multiple time to see if that would reset. Nothing is working so far
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
7/21/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech replied 1 year ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to
direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

on your issue you have an immobilizer issue . did you try the other key for the vehicle to see if maybe the key is the issue?

please let me know!!

Marty
Marty
Marty, European Car Expert