UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Thr rear fog light do not work, I chnaged the light bulb and

Customer Question
hi JA: Hello. What seems to...
hi
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: thr rear fog light do not work
JA: How old is your battery? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: I chnaged the light bulb and the fuse
JA: What is the model/year of your Renault?
Customer: laguna
JA: What year is your Renault?
Customer: 2002
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Renault Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: please
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I replaced the bulbs and the fuse...all other lights in the assemply work fine
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
both rear fog lights
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
front work..no problem
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it has been more than 10 minutes
7/13/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Lou P, UK Car Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Lou P
Lou P, UK Car Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok..i will be waiting

ok so the model should only have 1 rear fog light that will come on , not both. is your car right hand drive or left hand drive? the light that will work will be on the same side as the drive side, also have you confirmed that there is a wire going to the fog light bulb itself?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
left

ok, thanks, ***** ***** trying to pull up a wiring diagram to see what we can test, does the fog light switch have a light on it that comes on to indicate that the rear fog light is on? are there issues with any other bulbs?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the indicator light on the dashboard is on
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no problem other lights..all bulbs are working

ok, so we know the switch is working, so has the rear fog light ever worked? there was an issue where the fog light wiring was left disconnected at the control unit for some years that i have found.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not sure...I did annual inspections and i have been told that the rear fog lights do not work
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they have to be fixed before approve the EU inspection
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they

ok, so there are 2 wires at the fog light, a black wire (ground or earth) and a mauve wire or violet not sure what color mauve is lol, and it changes to a orange wire. the wire gets power from fuse 25 in the interior fuse box, can you confirm the colors to make sure i have the correct diagram?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
black and violet

ok so far so good, does the black have connection to ground?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I sent an image..did you get it

No i did not

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
black connection to grou

you can add files to the link i sent

ok so now we check for power at the wire with the switch set to the ON position

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
okay
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the violet has no power

ok so we need to trace that one, did you confirm that fuse 25 is the fog light fuse?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
actualy number 10 is the fog rear..and I checked that okay

ok so my diagram is close but not 100%, so there is a front control module that controls the lights from what i can find, but i cannot find where the module is exactly at that is the issue i am having. we need to test for continuity from the violet wire up to the control unit.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
are you talking about this...B ? http://www.e-guide.renault.com/portail/eguideHTML/B98/eng/php/unite_documentaire.php?id=eng_UD37976_3_UA26503001&thUA=FUSES&codeVue=15&idHspt=7
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if it is B box next to the battery...which fuse control the fog light lights?

ok what is the vin., i just got access to my renault site after much technical issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
VF1KG0J0A26022299

ok thanks give me a second, also what is the info system that you are using?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what info system?

the link you sent me, what is that site? never seen it before

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this is just from google

OH GOTCHa, well my bank refused payment to the renault site, so i will have to opt out for another expert to assist, sorry for this, hope someone will be along soon. if i get it straightened out and you are still needing help i will come back.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok..how long?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello
Marty
Marty
Marty, European Car Expert