Technicaldan
Technicaldan, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Accredited
94166128

Could you tell how I could obtain a code vauxhall radio CDR

Customer Question

Hi Pearl Could you tell how I could obtain a code for my vauxhall radio CDR 500 The car did not come with a log book when I bought it
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: yes it has been recently disconnected. have no log book
JA: What is the model/year of your Vauxhall?
Customer: Zaferia 2005
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes just need a code. The GM reference number is *****
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No Thats it thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 1 year ago.

There are only a few ways to obtain the code for these stereos if you do not have the original code card for it

As you do not have the log book yet, it is unlikely you could obtain the code at a main dealer, it is likely to be the most expensive option anyhow.

The easiest route I know, and this is the route I take for all the vehicle codes I need is http://www.radiocodes.co.uk/vauxhall-radio-codes

Your code is listed and would cost £22.

If you need the vin number, you will find this on the id plates and the lower passengers side of the windscreen viewable from outside.

The only other options are using a diagnostics computer capable of working on all systems to extract the code over the vehicles bus network or to disassemble the stereo and read the chip using a reader/writing chip programming tool and decode it manually.