How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Marty Your Own Question
Marty, European Car Expert
Category: UK Car
Satisfied Customers: 407
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
Type Your UK Car Question Here...
Marty is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an LCD bleed on the Screen under the tachometer. I

Customer Question

I have an LCD bleed on the Screen under the tachometer. I can acquire a replacement cluster however it shows 86000 km and mine has 126000km. Can the replacement cluster have the mileage changed to match the existing unit.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  THEmechanic replied 1 year ago.

The mileage can not be changed with a normal Porsche tester but the VIN can be changed in the cluster to match your VIN. There is hope though. There are companies that perform mileage correction and they can do this just by sending them your replacement instrument cluster. I realize you are in the UK but I do know of a very good company that performs this in the Los Angeles area. The name of the company is DAL Diagnostic Auto Lab.

Do you have any questions about this?