UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Hallo, the problem with Meriva is the code C0561 (71), is it possible that the parking brake has released with this code?

Customer Question
Hallo i am Theo Bol, JA...
Hallo i am Theo Bol,
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with GM. The GM Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The problem with Meriva B is the code C0561 (71), is it possible that the parking brake has released with this code?
JA: Have your brakes ever been replaced? Have you checked the brake fluid?
Customer: We din't have the car for a long time, but it is probably that the are replaced. The brake fluid is ok.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Its at 2 times that the parking brake is released in the night and the car is damaged, so is ther a link with the code C0561?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the GM Mechanic should know about your GM?
Customer: We tri it 3 days with the car on a slope of 20% and it is al ok.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the GM Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
6/9/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi , my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today

Year Make Model & Mileage ?

and yes i can send you the info needed to troubleshoot code C0561

I m in the u.s so there is a time difference between us but I m usually online from 9 Am till 12 Pm .

just reply back to this post and I will be notified so I can help you further with this problem

Just let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat ( aka - Jhook1398 )
ASE Certified Tech

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its better we write so i have time to translate!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the year is 2 / 2011 and the km is 101767

ok sounds good ,we will write , I will look up the diagnostic for that code & get back with you today.

Thank You

here you go : fuel pump relay location

Hope I was helpful to you , please let me know if you need anything else.

A Positive rating is Much Appreciated

This Post Will Stay Open Even after You Rate Me For You To Come Back And Ask Me Anything Follow Up Questions You May have On This Issue.

If you like my assistance in the future , just Start Your Questions with ( FOR JHOOK1398 ONLY )

Thank You

Chad Farhat ( aka - Jhook1398 )

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do you meen;here you go : fuel pump relay location? My question is >The problem withMeriva B is the code C0561 (71), is it possible that the parking brake has released with this code?
Sorry I sent this message by mistake was not meant to u I apologize
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
didn't you have a answer for me?
UK Auto Mechanic: tim's auto repair, mechanic replied 1 year ago
tim's auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

what is your GM car?what is the model?

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Opel meriva 1.4 88kw 17-02-2011
UK Auto Mechanic: C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic replied 1 year ago
C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic

C codes are considered “chassis” code. This particular code is for GM and relates to the traction control system. The traction control system gets its data from the ABS system. When it detects one wheel spinning faster than the others, or one wheel locking up, it activates the traction control system. Depending on the generation of traction control, the system will activate the ABS brakes to reduces spinning, or, in later models can actually reduce engine power. Late model systems include yaw sensors and steering position sensors to detect the difference between the driver’s intention from the steering wheel and the actually direction the vehicle is moving.

In the case of this GM code, the electronic brake control module (EBCM) is what disables the traction control system or the vehicle stability enhancement system.

The code means the EBCM is receiving faulty data from other modules or is faulty itself.

C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Auto Mechanic