Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have a seat alhambra and the driver door tries to lock but

Customer Question

I have a seat alhambra and the driver door tries to lock but doesn't
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: then when I open the door the alarm sounds the door tries to lock 3 times
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: I haven't checked the battery charge, or the fuses it only started yesterday
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I had this about 4 weeks ago and replaced the door loom and the locking mecanisum this seemed to fix the problem for the last 4 week
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of?
Customer: s
JA: Huh?
Customer: I did take it to a car elctircs place and it seemed to work after they had done it but then started again 2 days later this was when I change the drivers door loom and the locking mechanism including the motor and and new cable
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

any other doors trying to lock at the time? Is the wiring harness and latch new or used?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brand new from the dealer both items,All the others door try to lock and successfully lock on the first cycle, the drivers door tries 3 times and then fails after the 3rd try
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 1 year ago.

what year is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2003, I listened more closely last night and noticed that when the drivers door tries to lock 3 times the fuel cap cover does the same.When I turn the ignition sometimes it locks the doors (not the drivers door)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you answer the question?Not happy with the help so far, I would like a refund.