Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Clk320 please reset roll over bar,done the button reset,and

Customer Question

Clk320 please reset roll over bar,done the button reset,and the manual reset still no joy and top down
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Mercedes. The Mercedes Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Soft top down,I won't to close it,message on dash says please reset rollover bar,I pressed switch for 20 seconds nothing happened ,then tried manual reset with the long Allen key down side of head rests,the head rests went down but message still on dash please reset roll over bar
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.
Hello, what year is your CLK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2004
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.
ok, when you press the roll bar up switch do the headrests move up at all or down with the switch?
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.
sorry for my delay i was commuting.
Expert:  Lou P replied 1 year ago.
when you press the release tab and move the headrest down it must bottom out as far as possible.