UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Ford transit 2006 5 gear, occasionally splutters loss of

Customer Question
power and spanner light comes...
Ford transit 2006 5 gear, occasionally splutters loss of power and spanner light comes on as well as pre heat glo plug???
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Thats it just loss of power then picks up again spanner and glo plug light flickered on then picks up and lights go out x
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Maybe if not friend is mechanic
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: No its well serviced and any problems sorted asap x x
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
5/22/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago
Peter Zavarelli
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. With the spanner and pre heat glow plug coming on when this occurs this sounds ignition related like an intermittent loss of voltage due to a failing ignition switch or loose or corroded power cable possibly.I would start with having the power and ground cables checked to see if any are loose or corroded at the battery and where they lead to from the battery.If these are o.k. I would then have a scan tool/computer fully compatible with this model here plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set in all computers.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.The ignition switch signals will need checked as well when this acts up to see if the switch itself needs replaced.If these are all o.k. to be safe I would have the fuel system tested.A restricted fuel filter or failing fuel pump can cause a near stall out and cause lights to flicker on like this here as well. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli