UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Intermittent loss of power, had it put on computer by auto

Customer Question
gearbox specialist as i thought...
intermittent loss of power, had it put on computer by auto gearbox specialist as i thought it was that . codes come up as 2510 check component Y100/1 right charge positioner and 0105 check component B5/1 charge pressure sensor, the signal is to high.
JA: Do you happen to have a code reader or scan tool? What size is your engine?
Customer: no ihad it done by someone else, the engine is 220 turbo diesel from 2003 c class
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: only if it is abolt on replacement that I am happy to do
JA: Is there anything else the Mercedes Mechanic should be aware of about your Mercedes?
Customer: not that i know off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
5/22/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Kevin, UK Car Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Hi im kevin the codes you have point to a fault within the electronic turbo actuator its very common for this part to fail.unfortunatly this part cannot be replaced seperatly and the whole turbo will need to be replaced
please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all
Please rate my service and let me know if you need anything else at all
Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic