Technicaldan
Technicaldan, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Accredited
94166128

Where is the speedo sensor located in my Renault Scenic manual

Customer Question

where is the speedo sensor located in my Renault Scenic manual 2001.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Renault. The Renault Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Speedo is no longer working. Unable to locate speedo sensor in this vehicle. and how to change when located.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I have a mechanic here working on vehicle now.
JA: Is there anything else the Renault Mechanic should be aware of about your Renault?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Renault Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
hi im kevin the speed sensor id located on the top of gearbox .if you look down the back of engine its on the top of diff.picture will give you an idea of location
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the vehicle is fuel injected
its*****XR4
I live in Australia
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Ok i deffinatly dont have info for that il opt out another tech may have info
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
kevin I thought you were a renault mechanic.. What has happened that you are unable to help me.. What have I paid for.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Im a master tech but cover many models i have a info programme but am in the uk and your model isnt listed .another tech on here may have info on you particular model .you question gets reposted so another tech has the opertunity to answer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks am waiting patiently for response.
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 1 year ago.
If it has a speed sensor on the gearbox then it is likely you would of already found it with the help you have received, have you considered that if the vehicle has abs that it could take it's speed from the abs wheel speed sensors and therefore it would be wise to view the live data from the wheel speed sensors whilst the vehicle is moving.As you seem to have a mechanic, maybe he would have a diagnostic tool? If so maybe he could run dashboard diagnostics and get the needles to sweep to check they work at the same time.