Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Engine stutters intermittently,sometimes lacks pick up when

Customer Question

Engine stutters intermittently,sometimes lacks pick up when pulkling away. If the car sit idling with the fan on the engine will rev up and down. sometimes it feels as though the car is going to stall. I suspected the coil pack initially. It's 407 2.00HDI 136. saloon
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery?
Customer: brand new as is the starter motor.
JA: Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: no pattern notived. It feels as though the electrics just cut out for a soliot second
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Not a chance. I have a local mechanic that I would get to fix it. Just concerned that the expensive un heard of part is broken !!
JA: OK! The Peugeot Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the Peugeot Mechanic should be aware of about your Peugeot?
Customer: no it is all standard factory fittings, has 94000 mikes on, has been kept serviced and recently passed its MOT with ease.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Peugeot Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Hi im kevin can i have reg number and il see what info i have on your model ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
kv05yvn
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I still connected?
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.
Ok im struggling for info on this one il opt out another tech may have more info
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK im getting concerned now having just handed over my card details and probably going to find myself locked into some irreversible contract. That was notthe answer I would expect from an expert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Garage is open tomorrow why would I want to wait for 24 hours. You CEO said this would take ten minutes in his video, is he just another conning salesman? I really hope not