Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli,
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Recently I have tried taking the rood down. The windows

Customer Question

Hello! Recently I have tried taking the rood down. The windows come down fine and the roof starts to unlatch, as well as the top part of the boot but the boot does not lift up in order to allow the roof to fold inside the boot although I can hear the motor running. Then I also got the message on the screen saying r"roof folding mechanism faulty". I called for roadside assistance and they manually latched on the roof but the top part of the boot still won close. I am currently waiting to see a mechanic on Tuesday but wanted to get a rough idea of what might be wrong. Thanks a lot for your help!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Peugeot. The Peugeot Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I do not know how complex the issue is so I do not know whether I will be able to fix it myself or not
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Peugeot Mechanic should know about your Peugeot?
Customer: The other minor issue i have is the driver's front indicator light which works intermittently but I wouldn't think that it would be related
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Peugeot Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Usually what will fail or act up and cause this issue here is a fault with one or more of the roof position/limit switches sending an incorrect signal to the computer on what position the roof is in.I have seen these switch/sensors fail in the past before needing replaced for this issue.There are several of these switches/sensors that will cause this so what needs done is to have the fault codes checked with a compatible scan tool/computer plugged into your model to see what codes are set.Then from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.The scan tool or computer plugged into your model will also help locate any sensor or switches at fault needing repaired or replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete