UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your

Customer Question
Hi JA: Thanks. Can you give...
Hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I've a 09 1.8tdci galaxy. Its running OK on tic over but at 1500 its running rough and bring it up to 2000rpm and hold her there the rpm starts to move about maybe 100/150rpm.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/8/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Gallagher99, Ford senior technician replied 1 year ago
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician
Hi there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonight does this only happen when the vehicle is stationary Regards ***** ***** Brian
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't notice it when driving but conscious that something's not right with the car. I thought maybe diesel problem so changed filter and got local garage to plug it in only no codes for injectors etc, only code was lost communication with body control module. Didn't have to replace injector last year.
Hi there thanks Ok this issue is caused by an injector imbalance This is notable on most 1.8.tdci vehicles some are worse than others This imbalance usally happens when stationary and revs are set to 1800-2000rpm This will not have any impact on the driveabilitly /performance of the vehicle You can have the PCM updated to the latest level as this seems to help the imbalance slightly but in each case I have done this you can still feel this Rev fluctuation I brought this up at a technical meeting a few years ago and was informed by an engineer it is just excitation of the injector nozzle and As this doesn't impact the driveabilitly of the vehicle there was no reason to delve deeper into the issue In otherwise it is representing the engine Varient (normal operation ) I however belive it would require new injectors to resolve this imbalance (no customer reporting this concern has wanted this done ) As this isn't the cheapest fix and as the this doesn't impact the vehicle at all customers don't want this done If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know If you were satisfied with my answer /advice PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated Brian
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi
Thanks for your reply. I forgot to say The car did start doing this before Christmas for a few weeks and then stopped but started again recently- does that seem like the same problem you describe?. Don't think I'll be going down the new injector route.
Thanks again.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi again
Just wondering about the pcm update- is this a dealer only upgrade or would it be available in some non dealer garages.
Thanks again.
Hi there good morning to you
Yes this is down to injector nozzle excitation
I was also advised to attempt 3 full tanks of good quality fuel ie BP or shell fuel
And also a good quality fuel cleaner ie: techron or forte"
This is to help injector nozzle performance
None of which I have ever carried out but have advised customers to do soIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you were satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated
Hi there the PCM update an only be carried out by someone who has the ford ids software mostly a main ford dealer
Some independent garages do purchase the software but it's expensive so it's mostly ford dealers who have it
As there is different level calibrations for your vehicle depending on injector level 2or3Kind regards ***** *****
Brian
Gallagher99
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician