UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Mark 7 transit side door yellow catch broken and fell in lock

Customer Question
so can't get side door...
Mark 7 transit side door yellow catch broken and fell in lock so can't get side door open
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Need to get dead lock off to open door as yellow catch has fallen in lock
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Hopefully
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Ford Mechanic should know about your Ford?
Customer: No it just wasn't opening with button so had to use yellow catch but it's now in lock
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
Answered in 2 days by:
5/9/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Peter Zavarelli,
 replied 1 year ago
Peter Zavarelli
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. In some cases the interior door paneling needs removed to then access the lock/latch assembly to then try and manually release it to open the door.If you have not tried this I would see if this works to open the door here.If this was already attempted with no success let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli