UK Car

UK Car Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

UK Car

Engine malfunction warning comes and car looses power' galaxy

Customer Question
JA: Sometimes things that you...
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Galaxy 2008 engine malfunction looses power
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Diagnostic done says fuel injector changed one
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Again the same thing changed the second fuel injector, now it says the same once again, do I need to change all the injetors
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Car
5/2/2016
UK Auto Mechanic: Gallagher99, Ford senior technician replied 1 year ago
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician
Hi there , good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you tonightWhat is the fault code that is logged in the PCMWhat engine Varient is fitted to your vehicleRegards ***** ***** advance
Brian
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Don't know the code,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It shows fuel injector,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Second fuel injector
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already changed first and second fuel injector. Again the same trouble
Hi there from your description of your issue it may be possible you have had ie: an injector 2 code which in most ford engines is located in cylinder 3 depending on exact fault code and engine Varient
If this is the case then the faulty injector hadn't been replaced and is sonething I have seen many times over the years
Ideally I would like to know the exact fault codeRegards ***** *****
Brian
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In that case I have to take the car to the garage tomorrow and scan it again and I'll let u know the error code, does it to do any thing with the dpf filter
Hi thereIf it is an injector short circuit code this won't impact the DPF system
But the correct fault code is imperative to correctly diagnosing this issueIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you were satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Any positive feedback is kindly appreciated
We can continue on this same postBrian
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The error code is p 1203
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fault code P1203
Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed responseOk the fault code p1203 relates to injector 3 (open/short circuit )What engine is fitted to your vehicle ie:2.0 tdci
And exactly what injectors have been replacedKind regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1.8 tdci, injector 1 and 2 are already replaced
Hi thanksOk the 1.8tdci engine has the injectors in the correct cylinders
Ie: injector 2 -cylinder 2The fault code you have is for an internal short/open circuit in cylinder 3 (not 1or 2 )
You only need to have cylinder 3 injector replaced to resolve this issueIf you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what's the reason for the injectors to go one after the other? Since I have replaced 1 and 2 is it worth changing 3 and 4
Hi thereI assume it was the same fault code which kept reoccurring
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What's the solution
Hi thereI would replace cylinder 3 injector only
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Injector one and two was replaced already in last 5000 miles. What's the point in replacing 3 and waiting for 4 th one to go tomorrow
Hi there if there is only the one fault code logged relating to injector 3 short /open circuit
This would be the only one I would replace
If you wish to replace injector 4 that would be up to yourself
But it's uncommon for 4 injectors to go faulty on the 1.8tdciIt may be the case that this fault code has been logged from the start and not diagnosed properly but with only this code present I would only replace injector 3If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
PLEASE REMEMBER TO RATE MY ANSWER
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not out of the trouble, I changed the 3rd and 4th fuel injector that means I got all 4 new, on 4th gear if the rpm goes above 3000 the car gives a jerk, loosing power for a fraction of a second, everybody in the car feels it. What could be the possible reason.
Hi there good morning to you and sorry for the delayed responseOk I assume it isn't cutting out or going into limp mode any moreIs the hesitation on hard acceleration or just on cruise
Is it an intermitent Blip in powerWas the injectors new injectors fitted
Has the fuel filter been replaced
Are any codes still being stored
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Fuel filter replaced, did not scan for fault codes, all injectors are new.
If you are experenicing intermitrny hesitations under cruise its most commonly caused by a boost issue ie : sticking turbo vanes or boost air leak (even the smallest air leak csn cause these type of issue ) With concerns like this I carry out a live road test with the customer with datalogger connected this allows me to monitor all the sensors/actuators in real time to see where the issue may lie Kind regards ***** ***** Brian
Gallagher99
Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician